Baby fig spoon sweet ~ at the moment is being sought after by many community around us, one of them is Buddy. They already are get used to to take advantage of internet on smartphone to looking for information to be used idea. Therefore Our give Information related Baby fig spoon sweet is could our make it insight. Baby Fig Spoon Sweet (Sikalaki Gliko) Mama makes her traditional recipes from memory, but when memory needs a little boost, she hauls out her battered old copy of Megali Mageiriki. Alanna and Phi picked up tons of green figs for our supper club and we decided on a couple of recipes to see if these figs could be used. One of the recipes that stood out was this baby fig spoon sweet or Sikalaki Gliko.
Dried figs are yummy, but you owe it to yourself to try them fresh!
Just like raisins are dried grapes but don’t taste too much like grapes, fresh figs taste quite different from dried figs.
In dried figs, the sugar is so concentrated and overwhelming that it overpowers the taste of the.
we able create Baby fig spoon sweet to take advantage of 5 ingredient 7 step. the following Your way for cook it.
The ingredients and seasoningsu for cooking Baby fig spoon sweet
- Buddy also needs 1 kg figs.
- Also add very little copper sulfate.
- Buddy also needs 1 kg sugar.
- Please prepare 1 lemon.
- Please prepare cloves or vanilla.
Remember those old Betty Crocker cookbooks?
The spoon sweet (fruit preserve) is made when the figs are still green and unripe whereas the jam is made when figs are ripe.
In Greece figs are ripe around August, so we make the preserve around end April – early May.
Great recipe for Baby fig spoon sweet.
The Step by step how to cooking Baby fig spoon sweet
- Cut off the stems of the figs and leave them to sit in water for 2-3 hours..
- Strain them and place them in fresh water..
- Add a little copper sulfate to the water to turn it light blue..
- Place the figs in it and let them sit for half an hour..
- Rinse them thoroughly, press them lightly to discard the water and place one blanched almond into each fig..
- Boil the sugar with a cup of water, add the figs into the syrup and boil for 15 minutes! Remove from heat and set aside for 24 hours..
- Then add the lemon juice, the vanilla or the cloves and boil once more until it thickens..
Even though it’s a bit troublesome, this is one of the best spoon sweets.
Similar to preserves, but more syrupy, many spoon sweets are also used as a topping for yogurt, ice cream, and fruit.
The spectrum of spoon sweets follows the seasons: quince and apples in the fall; bitter oranges, orange rind, lemons or lemon rind, bergamot, citrons, and grapefruits in winter; strawberries, apricots, and green, unripe figs in spring; watermelon rind, plums, cherries, sour cherries, and grapes in summer.
Baby Fig Spoon Sweet with Jaggery and Himalayan Black Salt.
Cherry BBQ Sauce (Indian Inspired) Cherry Salt.
That’s the discussion or tutorial about Baby fig spoon sweet Thank you for your visit, if you feel this post on this website helpful, support me by sharing article this site to social media accounts that you have like facebook, instagram, pinterrest, Instagram and others Or Our can also mark off this website this with the title Baby fig spoon sweet This connten grouped into categories and also this conten it is sourced from https://www.cookpad.com … Happy Cooking 🙂