Gooseberry and ginger jam ~ several times is being sought after by many Buddy around us, one of them is We. they indeed have get used to to take advantage of internet on HP to get information to be used idea. Therefore We give Information about Gooseberry and ginger jam is can we make it example. Great recipe for Gooseberry and ginger jam. She used to make this jam using gooseberries and rhubarb together I sometimes make this when I have a gluten of gooseberries and rhubarb. Adding the ginger is my twist on this recipe.
Bring a quart of gooseberries to a gentle boil, with a heaping cupful of sugar and a teaspoonful of ginger root minced very fine, or a quarter pound of candied ginger cut in long, thin strips.
Meanwhile, sterilise the jam jars – first wash the jars in soapy water and rinse in clean warm water.
This Gooseberry and Ginger Chutney Recipe Variation Submitted by Jenny A dark, spicy chutney that is perfect with cheese.
my Buddy able to cook Gooseberry and ginger jam using tools 5 ingredient 5 step. this is it Your way for make it.
The composition for cooking Gooseberry and ginger jam
- capable need to provide too 1 lb gooseberries topped and tailed.
- capable need to provide too 1 lb granulated white sugar.
- You need 1 piece of fresh ginger ( about 1″) peeled and grated.
- Please buddy prepare 200 ml or 7 fluid oz water.
- Buddy also needs 1 this recipe makes about 2lb of jam.
It can be used after about a month but the flavours continue to develop for a month or two afterwards.
Recipes for gooseberry jam are not easy to find in my repertoire of cookbooks.
Pipe the pudding mixture halfway up the pudding basins, add a spoonful of the gooseberry jam then top with more pudding mix.
I’ve made my own jam, chutney and pickles for years.
The Step by step how to make Gooseberry and ginger jam
- Stew fruit and ginger in a heavy pan in water untill tender and broken..
- Add sugar, dissolve – then boil up untill it will set. Remove any scum as the jam boils..
- Remove from heat as soon as it will set when tested. To test for setting:- place a little jam on a cool plate, let it cool. If it wrinkles when moved slightly it is ready to set..
- To sterilise jars and lids either place in a warm oven for 5 mins or poor boiling water into them (place a metal spoon in each jar this will prevent the jar from cracking).
- Fill the jars almost full, place waxed paper on the jam, put on lids to seal and label..
Never have I thought about adding ginger to gooseberry jam, but it really does work 😊.
Spices such as cinnamon and ginger also go well with gooseberry jam.
Serving suggestions Gooseberry jam is wonderful simply spread on toast but can also be used in desserts such as a trifle, piped into doughnuts or even spooned into summer cocktails.
Once your gooseberry gin has steeped for long enough, your gin-soaked fruit can be turned into gooseberry gin jam.
Sweet, sour, savoury and spicy this gooseberry chutney recipe is easy to make and will last a long time.
That’s the discussion or tutorial about Gooseberry and ginger jam Thank you for your visit, if you feel this post on this blog helpful, support we by sharing article this website to social media accounts your favorite like facebook, instagram, pinterrest, Instagram and so forth Or Buddy can also bookmark this site this with the title Gooseberry and ginger jam This article grouped into categories and also this article it is sourced from https://www.cookpad.com … Happy Cooking 🙂