My Perfect Shiny Bagels ~ at this moment is being sought after by many commpany around us, one of them is Our. They already are get used to use internet on ponsel to get information to be used insight. Therefore Our give Information related My Perfect Shiny Bagels is can we make it inspiration. — With its shiny burnished deep brown crust, the bagels shiny exterior is the tell-tale sign that they were boiled not steamed before baking. The crumb has just a hint of sweetness from Barley Malt Syrup and the perfect amount of salt to produce a savory finish when eaten. How to Make Bagels that are perfectly chewy, golden brown, and flavorful!
For bakery-style bagels, bread flour is the way to go.
Erez insists on this so just do as he says.
Homemade bagels aren’t difficult as long as you take your time.
we able create My Perfect Shiny Bagels using tools 8 ingredient 12 step. the following step by step for make it.
The composition for cooking My Perfect Shiny Bagels
- Please prepare 150 grams Bread (strong) flour.
- Please prepare 1 tbsp Sugar.
- You need to prepare 1/2 tsp Salt.
- Please buddy prepare 1 tsp Dry yeast.
- Also add 80 ml Lukewarm water (to dissolve the dry yeast).
- You need to prepare 1 tsp Olive oil.
- Also add 2 tbsp Dried fruits or sesame seeds (optional).
- capable need to provide too 2 tbsp Honey (or sugar if you don’t have honey).
Perfection is overrated and the bagels taste the Cooks Illustrated teaches us that these starches cook to a crisp, shiny coating in the oven.
ICE Content Manager Caitlin Gunther shares tips for bagel making from a recreational course in bagels, pretzels and bialys taught by Chef Sim Cass.
Moisture: Wetter dough means crispier bagels.
Contrary to what you’d expect, the higher the water content in your dough, the crispier your bagel.
The Instructions how to cooking My Perfect Shiny Bagels
- ◎Kneading◎ Put all the ingredients except the honey and dried fruit into a food processor and process for 2 to 3 minutes. (If you use your hands mix and knead the dough for approximately 10 minutes to bring the dough together until elastic..
- Add the dried fruit at this point if you use any and knead until the dried fruit are distributed evenly. If the dried fruit of your choice is chunky chop them first. Otherwise it will be difficult to shape the dough later with chunky fruit. If you add the dried fruit before mixing the other ingredients in the food processor they will be shredded inside and the resultant dough doesn’t look as good..
- The first proving: Shape the dough into a big ball and put into a plastic bag. Keep it in a 40℃ oven for 12 minutes or in a warm place for 20 minutes. The dough doesn’t have to rise so much. I divided the dough into 2 portions with dried tomatoes and chocolate chips..
- ◎Resting◎Divide the dough into 4 portions and shape into small balls. Place the dough balls with the seam side down and cover with moistened tea towel. Leave to rest for 10 minutes..
- ◎Shaping◎Place the dough ball with the seam side up. Roll out into a flat round and roll up into a sausage shape. It is very elastic so it is difficult to shape. Try to stretch the dough from the centre towards the edges with your hands..
- Flatten one end of the sausage shape and join to the other end to make a ring shape. Splash the ends with a tiny bit of water and squeeze them together to seal..
- ◎The second proving◎ Place the prepared dough onto baking parchment and leave in the 40℃ oven for 15 minutes. Spray the surface with some water (or splash water with your fingers). They don’t have to rise so much at this point either..
- Remove the bagels from the oven and preheat the oven to 210℃-250℃. (The bagels will actually be baked at 200℃ but when you open the oven door the temperature drops. Set the temperature higher for this reason)..
- When the oven is at about 150℃ heat a frying pan of water to simmer until about 80℃. Add the honey. At 80℃ the water is bubbling gently. Honey works better than sugar to create a shiny finish..
- ◎Kettling◎ Place the bagel dough into the simmering water and cook each side for 30 seconds. Cooking for too long causes wrinkles on the surface. Cook until the bagels have risen a little..
- ◎Baking◎Line a baking tray with the parchment paper you used in the previous step. Place the kettled bagel dough on the oven tray and put the tray into the oven straight away (It is alright if the bagel surface is wet.) The oven is already preheated so bake at 200℃ for 10-15 minutes. While baking the bagels will rise a lot and become shiny and plump..
- Tip: Brush the surface with a tiny bit of butter and spread with kitchen paper to create shiner finish. How shiny!.
When Dan Graf got interested in the finer points of bagel making, he was told to pay tribute to his culinary elders, as done by his bosses and his bosses’ bosses before them.
After detailing Graf’s tinkering, Tsai called Graf’s bagels “perfect” and “deeply flavorful, with a shiny, well-blistered crust.” With its low ratio of water to flour, bagel dough generally is considered low-hydration.
That makes it easier to handle, easier to shape and easier to roll without leaving your hands covered in the floury residue common with higher-hydration recipes for, say, pizza dough.
But you don’t want the dough to.
A step-by-step recipe and the science behind New York style bagels.
That’s the discussion or tutorial about My Perfect Shiny Bagels Thank you for your visit, if you feel this post on this site helpful, support me by sharing post this blog to social media accounts your favorite like facebook, instagram, pinterrest, Instagram and so forth Or you can also mark off this blog this with the title My Perfect Shiny Bagels This post grouped into categories and also this article it is sourced from https://www.cookpad.com … Happy Cooking 🙂