Fig spoon sweet ~ right now is being sought after by many society around us, one of them is We. they indeed have get used to use internet on smartphone to looking for information to be used insight. Therefore We give Information related Fig spoon sweet is can our make it idea. – Cherry Spoon Sweet […] few weeks ago, when Lulu made her fig spoon sweet, I was excited but a little disappointed as I am not able to get some immature figs in Athens. Re: fig latex a little cooking oil is very good at getting latex off or dissolving organic glues. Works for some glues used for jar labels as well.
The spoon sweet (fruit preserve) is made when the figs are still green and unripe whereas the jam is made when figs are ripe.
In Greece figs are ripe around August, so we make the preserve around end April – early May.
Similar to preserves, but more syrupy, many spoon sweets are also used as a topping for yogurt, ice cream, and fruit.
our could cook Fig spoon sweet to take advantage of 6 ingredient 7 step. this is it step by step for make it.
The spices for cooking Fig spoon sweet
- You need to prepare 50 figs.
- Please prepare 2 kg sugar.
- Also add almonds without the skins, as many as the figs (a few more don’t matter).
- Also add cloves, as many as the figs.
- Also add juice of one lemon.
- Please prepare 6 cups water.
Put the cups of water, the sugar and figs in a pot to make the syrup as well as boil the figs.
Skim off the foam if necessary.
The following day boil the sweet until the syrup thickens and towards the end add the lemon juice.
Fig Spoon Sweet The unique way in which Cretans make use of every single edible thing available to them, never ceases to impress.
The Instructions how to cooking Fig spoon sweet
- Cut a small ring at the bottom of the figs, not the stem side, circularly with a knife and punch the figs with a fork or a skewer in 2-3 places..
- Boil the figs in a pot for 10 minutes in plenty of water..
- Drain them, rinse and drain again. They should have softened a bit by now. Insert an almond from underneath each fig (the side that you previously cut). Stud them on the side with a clove, as well..
- Put the cups of water, the sugar and figs in a pot to make the syrup as well as boil the figs. Skim off the foam if necessary..
- Boil for only 15 minutes and leave the figs in the syrup overnight..
- The following day boil the sweet until the syrup thickens and towards the end add the lemon juice..
- Finally, store in sterilized jars, while still hot..
Wash the figs thoroughly to remove any material that might be stuck on the skin.
Great recipe for Baby fig spoon sweet.
Even though it’s a bit troublesome, this is one of the best spoon sweets.
Eventually, the fruit candies and the sugar, water and juice become a thick, sweet syrup.
What differentiates spoon sweets from jam is that the fruit typically remains whole and the syrup, while thick, isn’t gelatinous.
That’s the discussion or tutorial about Fig spoon sweet Thank you for your visit, if you feel this article on this website helpful, support our by sharing post this blog to social media accounts your favorite like facebook, instagram, pinterrest, Instagram and others Or We can also bookmark this website this with the title Fig spoon sweet This article grouped into categories and also this article it is sourced from https://www.cookpad.com … Happy Cooking 🙂